Friday, October 5, 2012
Capture Your Grief : Day 5 // Memorial
There are several things that exist in Avery's memory. We have a small shelf that holds special things like her photo and her Molly Bear. A pretty box filled with mementos still sits on my dresser. But I think the one thing that serves as the biggest memorial to her is her grave stone. It's a testament to the world that she was here. It's the most official tangible evidence that she was ours for a time here on Earth. And it rests where she does. Her grave was such a place of comfort and solace in the early raw days. Daniel and I knew she wasn't there, just the shell of her tiny body, but it still made us feel closer to her. Such a peaceful place to sit and miss her. To dream about her 'would have been's.









1 comments:
I know what you mean, I have gotten comfort from sitting at her grave too. It is a peaceful, place to sit and think, and yes to sit and dream about all of her "should have been's".
Post a Comment