Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Capture Your Grief : Day 14 // Community

I have not had the opportunity to attend an event for the baby loss community. Each year, it seems that any walks or special remembrance functions are always much too far away from me. I would love to attend a walk in Avery's honor someday. I think it would be so moving and so wonderful.

The baby loss community itself, however, has been a huge part of this journey through grief. I have met dozens of women online who have walked the same path of loss. I first met many through my old blog, The Avery Diaries, that I started three months after losing her. I was inspired by the amazing Kristin Cook, after her blog, Dear Stevie, touched my heart and sparked a need to share my daughter and express myself and my grief. I connected with many of the women on Facebook, furthering our friendships.

I have sent and received many cards and letters with these lovely women. We have exchanged Christmas cards each year since our losses and continue to keep in touch through our blogs, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest. It's so calming to know that there are other mothers out there like me, who live this life and endure the struggles as I do.


Photobucket

0 comments: