Of course, the smell of the hospital reminded me of the day she was born. That cold sterile smell, I guess. I spent a lot of time in the hospital in the last year with Jude and my blood clots so I'm not sure if that smell would still remind me of Avery or if I'd think of the NICU or being hospitalized... or maybe I'd even think of visiting my grandpa before he died last month. Who knows.
Avery had a certain scent to her as we held her. I can't describe it. Sometimes I will be out and about and I'll catch that scent for just a second. I have no idea where it comes from, but sometimes I just find it and I stop dead in my tracks. Then it's gone. The only thing that even remotely still smells like her is her little blanket she was wrapped in. I hope as it continues to fade, I never forget the way she smelled as I cuddled her close to my cheek.









0 comments:
Post a Comment