Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The last year of my twenties

I turned 29 today.

I don't believe 29 is old. That's not the shock. The shock is that I'm here already, with just one year left of my twenties. How did time go that quickly? Where did all those years go? Every year goes by quicker than the one before. As we get older, birthdays lose that touch of magic. But even so, I still enjoy being special for the day. I don't think anyone outgrows that.


Daniel and I picked up some lunch and took Jude to the park. This was his second time ever at the park. But this was his first time to go on the swings. He loved it! He would just laugh and laugh as we pushed him. Watching him experience that joy and hearing his sweet laughter was the best gift I could ever receive on my birthday.


We went to Chilis for dinner with my parents and my brothers. Jude drank from a straw for the first time! He's learning so much so quickly. He's so smart. I loved that he had a few firsts on my birthday. It made it even more special.

 
Yes, I love my new iPad (thanks, Mom and Dad!!!) but the real gift is my family. My sweet, loving husband, my amazing miracle son, my supportive, wonderful parents, my awesome brothers who are more like friends... I've lost a lot but I also have a lot. I nearly lost my life twice last summer, and I've lived to see two more birthdays since. God takes care of us. His hand is on our life. It's easy to focus on what we lack and what we long for, but I never want to forget the blessings that grace us.
 


Photobucket

2 comments:

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

I'll be 30 in just under 2 months. Holy smokes.

Jen said...

30 wasn't that big of an issue for me...

I'll be 35 in March and that I have an issue with, lol...It's halfway to friggin 40! Yikes!