Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Capture Your Grief : Day 18 // Family portrait


There will always be someone missing in our family portraits. Each time I look at the three of us together, I think how there should be a fourth. I can't help but remember how incomplete my family is. Do not be mistaken, I am so grateful for Jude. We are so blessed that he is here and not with Avery, but that doesn't change our grief over her or the grief over the children we thought we would have but can't. It's not easy to accept that -- to accept the demise of a lifelong dream. I spent my entire childhood, dreaming of a life I will never have. It takes time to get used to this reality.

We are aware of adoption. We are aware of surrogacy. That doesn't mean either are easy or possible. So this is our family. The three of us -- always 'minus one'. Together by the Grace of God. Blessed to be a family. Blessed to share this life together.

Photobucket

0 comments: