Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 26, 2012

Capture Your Grief : Day 26 // Her age

 
 

I began my 25th week of my pregnancy on Tuesday, March 9, 2010. Every Tuesday, I took a new belly photo, waiting to get bigger and bigger. I never knew this would be the last time I would photograph myself pregnant with Avery. Two days later, on March 11th, we found out she was gone.

Avery was 25 weeks gestation. One week past viability. Micropreemie status. Only 15 weeks left to go. Just three months and three weeks until she was supposed to be here. My Summer baby. But instead, she was my Winter baby. Oddly fitting with the chill in the air.

I used to wish that I was much further along if I had to lose Avery at all. I thought maybe she would be considered more legitimately my child had she been bigger and older. That she would count without question.

But she was 25 weeks old. She was perfect. And she is ours always.

Photobucket

0 comments: