The day of Avery's funeral, my Aunt Eileen gave me a toggle heart bracelet with Avery's name engraved on it. I think I would have chosen that one if it hadn't been stolen during a yard sale we had over a year ago.
But this beautiful tree of life locket you see above is very special to me. When I saw today's topic, this necklace came to mind. I've been wearing it every day for over two years now. I actually won it from Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope by submitting my story when they were just starting out. I think it's the only time I've ever won anything and it couldn't be more perfect. (Thank you, Kristin!) It's from the Etsy store, BirdzNbeez. (She makes such beautiful pieces. Check her out!)
Trees and birds are significant to me. The little bedding set I had wanted for Avery had a tree and birds on it. That probably would have been her bedroom theme. There's a beautiful sycamore tree in the cemetery that shades the baby garden where Avery rests.
So often, even strangers notice my locket and comment on it. It is very well loved, becoming tarnished and scratched. It's been repaired a few times after Jude's little hands just couldn't help themselves. This locket will always remind me of Avery and those early days of learning to live this new life.










0 comments:
Post a Comment