Eleven months? How has it been that long since Jude was born? I really can't believe there's only one month left until he's a whole year old. I feel like I just blogged about him being ten months old. Time is going much too quickly!
At eleven months, Jude is sitting up on his own, finally. He's nine months old adjusted so his delay doesn't worry me. He spends a lot of time playing on the floor, and he can get from his belly into a sitting position (or sometimes a really cool straddle) all by himself. He tips over once in a while, but that seems to happen when he's distracted by munching on a toy or thinks he can reach something that's too far away. He's become skilled at catching himself, avoiding hitting his head. Jude is learning so much about how to maneuver himself around. It's amazing. He also gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. He propels himself forward onto his belly, gets back up on all fours, then propels himself forward again to get around. I wonder when that will change into an actual crawl. He's almost there!
We've been letting Jude taste small amounts of table food lately. He does very well with it and enjoys it very much. I've tried several times giving him thicker, more textured baby foods and he hates it. He gags! But I will keep trying! Jude is in love with yogurt. I think he could eat it all day if you let him. We love YoBaby. Jude started eating snack puffs this past month. They are sweet potato flavored and he loves them. I'm paranoid, even though they melt easily, and I break them into smaller pieces so he doesn't choke.
Like last month, I still don't know for sure exactly how much Jude weighs. Daniel got on the scale with him a week or so ago and subtracted his weight and he was about 20 lbs. He's still wearing some 3-6 months onesies, but mostly 6 and 6-9 month onesies, and a couple 9 month onesies that are still a little baggy. He's still wearing 3-6 and 6 month shorts. He's almost a size 3 shoe and he's still a size 3 diaper. Jude's top two front teeth are almost all the way in and two more are coming through on top, giving us a total of six visible teeth! Wow! I think his hair is starting to get a little curl to the ends. Maybe he will have curly hair like Daddy?
Jude still loves Mortimer (Lamaze toy) and is not as thrilled with Sophie the Giraffe as he used to be. He loves TV remotes, actually. We cleaned off a VCR remote for him that we aren't using so he can play with it. He waves it all around and shakes it up and down. It's funny how entertained he is by it.
I'm so crazy about my little boy. He's getting so big and I feel so sad about that, but also grateful about it at the same time. I love that he's thriving and is so healthy. He's amazing.








0 comments:
Post a Comment