Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 13, 2012

Trying cloth diapers

In the past several weeks, I started looking into cloth diapering for Jude. I thought saving money on disposable diapers sounded like a good idea, if cloth could work out. So finally, I got a small stash of Thirsties cloth diapers, consisting of three covers and three cloth inserts. I chose that brand based on the cheapest set, actually. I didn't want to spend too much money if it ended up not being for us.

I was excited when the package came in the mail a few days ago.


I admit, I'm a sucker for the cute prints and pretty colors.


 I couldn't wait to see Jude wearing his new diaper. :)


Of course, he looked so cute. It seemed comfortable and like it moved easily with him. I felt like it fit him well.


Today was day four of trying cloth. I'm only doing it part time since I only have enough for three diaper changes. Jude still sleeps in a disposable. I am nervous about leaking at night, since he sometimes has that problem anyway. Yesterday was the first time he went 'number 2' while in cloth. I can't say I enjoyed the extra tasks that came with cleaning him up. That is the part I was worried about (especially if out in public). It's the one thing that makes me unsure of cloth altogether, to be honest.


So, after four days, I'm still not sure whether or not to purchase more cloth and work toward full time cloth diapering. I'm not sold on the Thirsties brand. I do think they absorb and hold everything in well, but sometimes I feel like I'm not placing the cloth in right, since there are no flaps (like Flips) or snaps inside to hold it in place (like GroVia). Or maybe I should purchase other types (like all in one's or pockets) and see if they work better for us. I do like the idea and I plan to keep using my small stash. I want it to work out, even if it's just during the day.

I'm glad I'm even trying this out. I don't want to miss out on any experiences with Jude. I won't have another chance with another baby to see if I like cloth diapering. So now I won't ever look back and wish I'd tried it. I never want to have any regrets, no matter how big or small! :)

2 comments:

Debra said...

Love the pics! Jude's sitting positions crack me up:). He looks so cute. Love it!

Debra said...

Love the pics. Jude's sitting positions crack me up. He's so adorable. Love it!!