I noticed the last few days that I was feeling more nervous about Jude. I know it's because week 25 looms around the corner. Even after listening to his heartbeat on the doppler, I would still question his lack of movements, as if he's not allowed to take any time to sleep. I hate being that crazy. That anxious. It's not healthy and it's not easy. Thank God my OB appointment put some things into perspective yesterday!
I have probably said this before, but I really love my doctor. She put all my worries at ease and assured me I had nothing to worry about, based on how well Jude is doing. I know she's probably not allowed to tell me that nothing will happen for sure, but she seems so confident and pleased with his progress. I couldn't help but feel better about things. My blood pressure is still perfect (113/80) and I even found out from my doctor's report from the ultrasound last week that Jude is in the 59th percentile for his size.
Before I left, my doctor gave me the lab order for my two hour glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. That's as far as I got last time with my pregnancy with Avery. I last saw my doctor at 25 weeks and got the order then. I never made it to the test. I had been nervous about it and dreading it. This time, I'll be taking that test, and gladly. Even if I it turned out I had gestational diabetes. I don't care. I just want Jude to be healthy. I don't care what I have to go through for him. Nothing is inconvenient or uncomfortable. All is worth it. All is done gladly and I cherish the chance.
Today, I had a hematologist appointment. I didn't see the doctor, I only had a complete blood count done. My platelet count was 225 six weeks ago. Today, it was 201! The normal range is 100-400 so I am very pleased! The phlebotomist told me that all my numbers looked good. She asked me about my pregnancy and I loved when she said, "This is your second, right?" I told her he was. But apparently my whole history was not available to her in my chart because she asked how old my first is. I was not bothered nor offended. I told her that my first passed away, stillborn last year. She felt so bad for asking but I assured her it was okay. I liked having the chance to bring Avery up and talk about her. I feel like I only get to talk about Jude lately. It's nice for Avery to get a little attention sometimes. I never want to feel like she's fading away or being replaced by Jude.
After the hematologist appointment, Daniel and I drove across the parking lot from the medical arts building to the labor and delivery suites. I felt like dropping in to see if my favorite OB nurse was working. I haven't seen her in over a year. She's very special to me, having been the one to tell us that Avery had passed away and let me cry with her. She was there when I came in to deliver Avery, taking me in as if I were her own. She knows what it's like. I couldn't have gotten through those first days without her. Well, she wasn't working today so I didn't get to see her, but hopefully soon, I will. :) It was very odd to be there in that lobby. I have only been back there twice since leaving empty-handed the day Avery was born. Once about a week later to pick up Avery's hospital photos, and then in October to visit my cousin who'd had a baby. It's never easy to go there. To smell that same smell. To see that hallway. It was especially hard on Daniel, because he hadn't been there since we picked up the photos. I know the next time we go there, it will be for a good reason. The reason we have been waiting for. In about 14 weeks, I will deliver our healthy and safe baby boy. I really can't wait.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
24 week appointments
Labels:
24 weeks,
anxiety,
Avery,
blood pressure,
Daniel,
glucose test,
hematologist,
Jude,
pregnancy








0 comments:
Post a Comment