Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 13, 2011

23w5d Ultrasound

On Friday, June 10th, we had another routine ultrasound. I think the only thing good about being a high risk pregnancy is being able to see our little boy so often. I love seeing how he's grown each month. I love all of the photos we already have of him. I love the videos we get to watch over and over of his movements. I really wish we had those of Avery too.

Jude looked great, just as we thought he would, since he's been kicking up a storm. He was pretty active. The only thing that bothered me was that his heart rate was 125 and it's been 150 lately. I asked the tech if that was low but she assured me that it's in the normal range. She said babies in utero are just like us. If we're not doing a whole lot, our heart rate slows. And if we're really active, it speeds up. So apparently, Jude was having a calmer moment. I later looked up the normal rate, just to ease my wandering thoughts and it said 120-180 is normal. Okay then.

I loved when the tech measured Jude and all of his measurements indicated that he's five days ahead. So my due date is showing September 27th instead of October 2nd. That's a good thing, since I'll be induced around 39 weeks anyway. I love that Jude is bigger than he's supposed to be and that he's growing so well! My favorite part was finding out his weight. Jude weighs nearly a pound and a half. At 23 weeks, Avery supposedly weighed 12 oz. When she was born at 25 weeks, she was expected to be a pound and a half by her age, but she was just 8.2 oz. Jude is already more than double that at two weeks younger. Avery never made it to a pound. I love that Jude passed the pound mark. It may not seem like a big deal to most but to us it's monumental. Jude is growing and thriving. I couldn't be more excited.


0 comments: