Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 21, 2011

More good news

I had another OB appointment this afternoon. I just went two weeks ago, but this is around the time in my pregnancy with Avery that my blood pressure started to spike. By 20 weeks, I was put on medication to lower it. But today, my blood pressure was 124/78. Perfect. I am so excited that it's still behaving. I take it as such a good sign, that all things are better and different this time.

I really like my doctor. She really cares about this pregnancy and making sure she's doing all she can to ensure Jude's health. She even said these two pregnancies are like night and day. I've been feeling that, but to hear a medical professional say that just means a lot. I still haven't gained any weight yet but I'm starting out overweight, so I guess there's no cause for concern.

She was excited to hear that we found out it's a boy. When she asked what his name is, I was so thrilled to say 'Jude.' I have been in love with that name for YEARS now. Since before Daniel and I were even married. Five, six years... maybe more. I am so happy to finally be able to use that beautiful name. It's so special to me and so is he. Quite fitting.

I asked my doctor if it was a good thing that they were able to determine Jude's gender so early on. She emphatically let me know that it was a very good thing, that he's definitely developing very well. She told me about the results she got back from my ultrasound last week. Jude is developing so well, that at 15 weeks they were easily able to see all of his major organs. His kidneys look great, his brain growth is perfect... It was all music to my ears... just like his heartbeat that we got to hear yet again. The doctor said it sounded great.

I go back in another two weeks to make sure all is still well with my blood pressure. I feel so excited that everything is going so well. I'm so encouraged and so relieved right now. I haven't been this happy since I was pregnant with Avery.

Yesterday morning, I was laying on my back and I really think I felt Jude move for sure. There have been suspicions in the last couple of weeks, but this time, I think it was for real. And I may have felt him again tonight. I absolutely love it. I can't wait to feel him all the time, even if he's elbowing my bladder or wedging himself under my ribs. It will all be amazing and wonderful. :) So in love with my little boy.

2 comments:

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Congratulations girl!! I am so happy for you and for the new little life growing inside you. Jude is going to be one strong little boy!!!

Danae said...

I've felt a couple of jabs over the past week and few flutters before then. Glad Jude is doing so well! I have been seeing my regular OB weekly since we started seeing her, and when we told her we found out that CB is a girl yesterday, she was so excited!