Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 11, 2011

There's a crib in our house

Today was a big day for us. The baby's crib arrived and we eagerly picked it up at the store. I grabbed our camera and perched myself across the room to take in all the moments of Daniel putting it together. It was so special to us, to be doing that. To be taking this leap of faith and making this baby a permanent thing in our lives. Not fleeting or momentary.

I am only 15 weeks pregnant, which would be "out of the woods" for normal people. I won't be out of the woods until our baby is here, in our arms. But I don't want to think about that. I refuse to imagine that this baby will meet his or her big sister anytime soon. So we prepare like normal people, being excited and doing the things we should be doing. I think that's how God would want us to live. Trusting Him, putting all of our faith in Him, hoping with all our might. That's what we strive for. It feels good to do that.

And now, there is a gorgeous black wood crib in our third bedroom. Some may take adding a crib to their home as something mundane and typical. But we find it monumental. I adore it completely. It's perfect. I cannot wait to open the bedding at my baby shower that will adorn that sweet little bed.







This is all so exciting. We're experiencing things we never got to experience with Avery. It's bittersweet but it's also very healing and wonderful. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check for growth. I'm excited to see our little love. It always eases worry and brings so much joy to my heart. We also have a 3D gender ultrasound next Tuesday. Can't wait!

0 comments: