Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 4, 2011

Monumental

Yesterday was a huge day for Daniel and I as parents. We made two purchases for this baby that we never had the chance to make with Avery. I know I'm only 14 weeks and I have yet to pass 25 weeks still pregnant, but we decided to step out in faith and make more preparations for this little one.

We went to Orlando yesterday with Daniel's brother, Andy, Andy's fiance, Margaret, and my three brothers: Ron, Shaun, and Sam. All four guys are in Andy and Margaret's wedding next month so we all headed to the mall for them to get their wedding clothes. After the mall and getting some dinner, everyone was nice enough to accompany Daniel and I to a store across the street called Macrobaby. We had just gotten our tax return so we thought it might be fun to take a look.

I've been looking at diaper bags online and in regular stores and have never seen anything I like enough so I immediately headed to their large display of them. I was appalled by some of the crazy prices, but I did find one that I loved that was reasonable. I wore it in the store to make sure I really liked it. Daniel and I decided to buy it. I was so thrilled!


When we got back home, I started looking online once again at cribs. Being at the baby store really got me excited about buying some things for the baby. Daniel and I thought it would be a good idea to purchase a crib and not leave everything to our families and the baby shower. I found one that had really good ratings and it even came with a bonus mattress for no extra charge! It's black and the exact style I was looking for. We decided to buy it. I felt so excited and a little nervous, filling out the information online to finalize our purchase. I looked at Daniel before I clicked 'place my order.' I got tears in my eyes, thinking about what we were doing. Something we never got to do with Avery. We were buying our baby's crib. I clicked the button and I was immediately filled with joy.

There was no worry about it being too soon. I didn't feel like we were too hasty. All it did was make us so happy. The crib should arrive by April 14th- mine and Daniel's five year anniversary of when we first started dating.

My feelings about this baby have been a roller coaster so far. Last week I was beginning to feel scared again. But now I am choosing to be filled with joy and savor every moment of this little life inside of me. Worrying will not keep my baby healthy. So why not be happy? I cannot live in fear. Fear won't save this baby. I am trusting God. I'm ready to do that now.

I am officially in my second trimester as of today. 14 weeks along. I'm happy to be out of the miscarriage fear stage, but I know that's not where my body has failed me. I refuse to obsess about that though. I am enjoying my rounding stomach, feeling pregnant already. I think my stomach was this size at the end with Avery at just 25 weeks. That's how small she was and how much my pregnancy was not thriving. I didn't feel remotely pregnant until 18 weeks with her. I've felt pregnant since week 12 this time. I think that's a good sign.

I have one more thing to report. I really think I felt the baby last night! I'm afraid to fully believe that it definitely was the baby and not my stomach, but it sure felt like it felt with Avery. Sweet little flutters. I can't wait to feel it all the time and watch my belly move. It's going to be the best thing next to taking this little love home with us. <3

3 comments:

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Woohoo! Buying diaper bag and crip is a step of faith for this little one! :D

We bought the furniture for Julia. We set it up for Evan. It's still up and waiting for their baby brother(s) or sister(s). I can't bear to take it down (again).

I wondered too with flutters if that was Evan and it was. He was a mambo baby! Constantly on the move and wiggly! Little one must sense your worry and is trying to mambo his/her way to lift your spirits by being reassuring that he/she is in there!

Debra said...

This is so exciting! I love the crib and the diaper bag. You both have great taste. It is a great thing to step out in faith and just trust God. Everything is in His hands anyway, and like you said you may as well enjoy this and not spend the time letting fear keep you from doing these sweet things.

Michelle said...

i've bought more for this baby than i ever did with sawyer. do you think we just knew inside, a sixth sense?