Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Jude in 3D - Take 2

Today was our re-do 3D/4D elective ultrasound. I was excited going in, instead of nervous or anxious. I broke down the last two days and have been checking for Jude's heartbeat with our doppler. When he was smaller, I was afraid to use it, in case I couldn't find him. I didn't want to freak myself out and think something had happened to him if I wasn't able to locate my dancing boy. I'm glad I found that he is now large enough to locate decently easy, though he doesn't stay still long enough to give me enough of a fix. Of course, I could listen to him all night long.

At the ultrasound, we quickly saw that Jude was in another silly position, up high near my belly button, and once again cuddling with the placenta. The tech said they like to do that because the placenta is really warm. I thought that was cute. Maybe Jude will be a cuddler. He wasn't very active but he wasn't perfectly still either. The tech thought he seemed very content and docile and that this was a good thing. He seemed happy. Aww. The 2D shots were easy to see of course, but his position did make it a little harder for the 3&4D once again. I didn't care though. I was just happy to see him moving, kicking his little feet, opening his little mouth, turning over... He had his hands up at his face again, possibly sucking his thumb. Maybe he'll be a self soother too. Who knows?



In one of the 3D images, Jude smiled for us. Of course he probably wasn't actually smiling. He doesn't know what that means yet. But he did it.


It's unreal how much I love our little boy. I adore him. He's not even here yet and I am head over heels. This next shot is my favorite...


At the end, the tech measured his femur bone to see how big he's measuring. Our sweet little boy is now measuring a whole week ahead! He's actually 18 weeks and 2 days but he measures 19 weeks and 2 days! That makes me so happy. He is really doing so well.


Thank You, God, for our healthy sweet boy!

5 comments:

Regan said...

Love Love Love Love Love Love!!!

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

He better be a snuggler!

Andrea said...

The photos are amazing! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see more. I'm so excited for you!

Michelle said...

He looks so cute!!

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Yay! This is so sweet. Lots of love to you and Jude!