At ten months old, Jude is just about sitting up unassisted. Since his adjusted age is two days shy of eight months old, I'm really not too obsessed with when exactly he hits the milestones. I know he's on his own track and I know he's doing well. He doesn't give me any reason to be concerned with his development. He's smart and coordinated for his age, and maybe just a wee bit stubborn in the sitting up department. He has more of his own silly personality everyday. I love it.
Jude is still on stage 2 type baby foods, some of which I puree myself at home with the good ol' Baby Bullet. Avocados are Jude's favorite. He's working on using a sippy cup, but frankly, he just doesn't seem to care for it yet. He's still getting bottles throughout the day (which he can hold himself) and he also enjoys water once in a while. He makes a face when I add just a little apple juice. Guess he's not ready for that yet! He shows a lot of interest in what we're eating and is always reaching for whatever is in our hands.
Jude weighed about 18 pounds a month ago. Since he doesn't have another well appointment until he's one, I don't know how much he weighs right now. He does seem to be thinning out a little bit as he's much more active and probably getting taller. He's still wearing 3-6 month or 6 month clothing, mostly depending on the brand. He wears a size 3 diaper, which right now are Hawaiian printed. He wears a size 2 shoe, and is always kicking off just the right one. He has two bottom teeth and his top two front teeth have just started to pop through. His brown hair is getting long and his eyes are as blue as ever.
Jude's favorite toys are his Lamaze moose, Mortimer (which is sitting on the couch next to me as I type) and Sophie the Giraffe, of course. He loves putting things in his mouth, including my necklace, which I have had to stop wearing. This also includes trying to eat props when he's getting his pictures taken, and also the straps of whatever shirt I'm wearing. He's so silly. Jude enjoys playing on the floor, rolling everywhere and playing with his feet. He gets up on his hands and knees and does the "I want to crawl soon" rocking back and forth. He's so vocal, with all his sweet sounds and squeals. He makes me smile almost constantly, just listening to him. Jude loves his baths and is growing out of his baby tub. He took a bath in our tub for the first time yesterday.
He enjoys being outside and feeling the wind. He loves to go in the pool with Daniel or my dad. He splashes and gets so excited. It wears him out quickly and he's ready for a nap afterwards. He likes people and is so friendly, always smiling. He already shows a huge interest in music. We always sing "Hey Jude" to him and it actually calms him down when he's fighting sleep.
He's very ticklish, especially on his neck. He reaches out and touches our faces a lot. When he gets excited, he opens and closes his hands and his little feet go crazy. Jude now reaches out for us and every time he leans toward me or put his arms out, it just warms my heart. He is still sleeping in his Pack N Play next to my bed at night but naps in his crib in his room during the day. He's still a big cuddler and is just a sweet sweet little boy. He's genuinely happy and really only cries when something is wrong.
Those are just some of the things that come to mind when I think about my precious little love. He's truly incredible. Don't grow up too fast, sweet boy.









2 comments:
That first picture .... my gosh, he is such a beautiful little boy. I just love seeing how he is thriving and getting so so big.
<3
LOVE this post! The pictures are so sweet and it's fun reading about what your little guy is up to.
Post a Comment