Today, July 1st, I am 26 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I am thrilled to have made it past our 25 week milestone! I actually feel a difference in my confidence and overall outlook. I really feel like Jude will be here. Not maybe, or hopefully... But that he will. I love that feeling. It's so exciting.
Yesterday, I had another OB appointment. I have gained another pound in the past two weeks since my last visit. Never have I been happy about gaining weight, but now, I take it as such a reassurance that Jude is doing well. I lost weight with Avery as her health began to decline. So to be gaining weight, makes me very happy. I still weigh less than I did when I lost Avery. So it's really not so bad. But honestly, I'd be willing to accept any weight gain in exchange for a healthy baby!
Also at my appointment, I found out that I passed the two hour glucose test. Yay!! I was so happy to find that out. I really didn't want to have to worry about that. Or have to go back and retest. I've been through worse, but still.
Jude's heartbeat sounded great and my fundal height (the measurement from the public bone to the top of the uterus) is 30. If I remember correctly, I only reached 20 or so with Avery. Jude is so much bigger. :)
Other developments this week is the arrival of Braxton Hicks contractions. I don't mind them. They sure feel weird, but I love all these normal parts of pregnancy. I only ever got one Braxton Hicks with Avery. Also, I think I have found Jude's pediatrician. I passed his office a couple weeks ago and loved how close his new location is to our house. I looked him up, loved his website and got a really great vibe about him. I asked my doctor about him and she recommends him highly, and says he is very down to earth and kind and has a very good practice. Good to know! So in the next couple of weeks, Daniel and I will be scheduling an appointment with him to meet him. Exciting! I love preparing for Jude's arrival!
I love that it's July now. So much closer to September! I am almost in the third trimester!! Before I know it, I'll be at my baby shower! All these things that I have waited a lifetime for and once lost. I am beyond thrilled to be reaching these things with Jude. So special. <3








0 comments:
Post a Comment