Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 15, 2011

28 week OB appointment

Today was a much better day than yesterday as far as worries go. I had another OB appointment and saw a different doctor in the practice since mine is on vacation. I was a little hesitant about seeing him, since I don't personally favor male doctors who can't speak from personal experience. But he was so nice and so sweet. I really enjoyed talking with him. He helped me push my fears aside a bit without invalidating my feelings. I like that.

He told me more about my ultrasound results from Monday. Jude is in the 62nd percentile for size, which is good. Fluid was great. He was very pleased with the report. The doctor then told me the next step in my prenatal care and it changed my outlook a lot.

At 32 weeks, I will start biophysical profiles and stress tests for Jude twice a week, every week, until delivery. I know that will be time consuming but I am really happy about it. The biophysical profile is an ultrasound testing for movements, breathing, and tone in a 30 minute period. The stress test is when I'll have a fetal monitor hooked up on my belly to observe him. They will do these to make sure Jude is still doing well and if anything arises that's a red flag, he can be born. I really like that idea. That Jude will be monitored so well, that if his health starts to deteriorate, we can get him here before it's too late. I can see these appointments keeping me calmer, not having to wonder how he's doing and being able to see him twice a week and know that he's still healthy. I'm really looking forward to it! I think these twice a week appointments will make the weeks go faster. Just a little more than three weeks before this all starts!

At my appointment, I also found out I gained four more pounds in the last two weeks. Wow! I don't mind though because it only puts me at eight pounds total for my entire pregnancy so far. And I still weigh five pounds less than I did when I first got pregnant with Avery. I actually feel leaner in certain parts of my body, so I think the weight is all Jude and the pregnancy. And my belly does feel rounder and bigger this week... which I love. :) Bring on those worsening stretch marks! I wear them with pride!!

0 comments: