Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Definitely pregnant

Today I went to my doctor for a pregnancy confirmation appointment. I actually let my imagination run, picturing them telling me I wasn't pregnant. But I remember doing that last time with Avery. I guess it's just so hard to believe that what I have been praying for is happening.

It was music to my ears, even though I knew better than to think otherwise, when the nurse came in and said, "You're definitely pregnant!" It made me so happy. Daniel and I just smiled like crazy. Hearing it from someone medically qualified just makes it more official.

I saw one of the office's midwives. She answered all of my questions, which I was very grateful for since it wasn't an actual OB appointment. She advised me to make an appointment with the Hematologist to see if I will  need to take Lovenox or Heparin injections or if any other blood work is necessary. I will be seeing a Perinatologist soon as well, sometime in the next several weeks. I already go back for my first OB appointment next Friday. My Folic acid has been increased and they will be monitoring my blood pressure closely. I feel so much better to see that the ball is already rolling. I'm not being treated like any regular pregnancy. They are treating me with extra care already.

I'm so excited about this baby. I don't like to think about losing this one like we lost Avery, but it's always in the back of my mind. How could it not be? I am aware that it's possible. But I am also aware that we can bring this baby home. I have to believe that. I am so in love with this little one. Boy or girl, it does not matter. I just want to watch this one grow up.

I like being happy and excited about being pregnant. Daniel and I talk about names a lot. I have missed that. Being pregnant takes me back to last time when I was pregnant. So yes, I miss Avery even more now, remembering these early days with her as I live them with her little brother or sister. It's such a blessing to carry precious life again... and it's a blessing to feel happiness again.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Praise the LORD! I'm so happy for you Nicole! I can't tell you how glad I am to know you're carrying this little one. My heart soars with you. I promise I'll be praying for you & your rainbow every time the LORD reminds me to do so. hugs to you sweetie =)

Danae said...

It's so nice to get the confirmation isn't it?

It's hard not to think about losing again after having lost once...I'm trying not to, but I find myself consumed with it at times. And it's hard...

But, we both shall remain optimistic, because I believe this HAS to have a better ending than last time!

Sending you my love and thinking of you, Daniel, Avery, and rainbow!

Regan said...

I am so thrilled for you two!! God is faithful. We are praying for that little one day in and out!! I want to hear these names! Love you guys!