I had to fill out a questionnaire of the things Jude is able to do, marking them yes, no, or not yet. He did pretty well on most of it, but scored lower in the communication section. No, Jude doesn't really talk yet. Regardless of this, I know Jude is able to speak. I know his mental capacity does not affect this milestone. Mentally, he is 16 months old, not 18. And though he cannot speak yet, I know he understands when we speak to him. I think that is much more important. What would be the use of being able to say words if you didn't comprehend them?
I guess now I have to replace my worry about him not walking with the worry of him not talking. Usually, he starts doing the thing I'm worrying about not too much later. I'm just going to calm down and just keep loving my baby and teaching him. He will do it when he's ready.
On a better note, I'm so proud of Jude. He is walking so much! I think he'll start running any day now. I love when he walks and rests his hands behind his back, above his little bottom. I love how he'll walk with his hands up to keep his balance. I love the sound of his little feet against the floor. Right now, his favorite toys are balls, books, and blocks. (Random 'B' theme!) He carries his books around. He and I throw his little basketball back and forth to each other. He likes to stack his Megablocks... or just carry them around. He's still crazy about music and loves pounding on the keyboard with Daddy. If he's having a meltdown in the car, playing music calms him down and sometimes even puts him to sleep. He loves bananas, yogurt, and cheese the most lately, but he seems to eat absolutely anything. He loves water and doesn't even care for juice. He loves being outside. He'll go to the door and start blowing kisses, his way of telling us he wants to "leave" and go outside. He still doesn't care about watching TV, which is fine with me. He loves to steal my iPhone though so he can press the home button and summon Siri. He has at least 12 teeth. He won't really let me get a good look. He loves to help us brush his teeth. He brushes his own hair. He's mostly wearing size 12 months clothing (some 6-12, some 9-12, some 12-18), wears a size 4 diaper, and size 5 shoes. His favorite song seems to be "Locked Out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars. There's a part where Bruno goes "Oh yeah yeah... Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah" followed by an "UGH!" If we sing the first part to Jude, he chimes in with the "UGH!" It's so funny!! He even does it while listening to the song. He's so smart! I love this guy!
I can't believe how quickly time is going. I actually started looking up ideas for Jude's 2nd birthday. It's crazy to even think about. Where did my tiny boy go? :')












1 comments:
Kids are all so different, it seems. Norah talks up a storm, but still isn't walking on her own. Just like you said, I know she's able to walk...I've seen her forget that she's not holding onto anything and take several steps on her own before she realizes what she's doing. Then she falls over, mostly out of fear I think. But of course I know she will walk just fine on her own any day now. Just as I'm sure Jude will start talking a ton, probably out of nowhere. He's such a cutie!
Post a Comment