Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 31, 2013

18 Months Old

Jude is 18 months old today. How is that even possible? A year and a half already? He will be two in six months?!



Life is flying by much too quickly these days, ever since Jude was born, it seems. I wish the weeks would pass as slowly as they did when I was pregnant with him. Those weeks seemed to last forever, waiting with bated breath for what may or may not come. Waiting for joy or sorrow, but actually receiving both. And then -BAM- time took off on hyper speed as soon as he arrived and it hasn't slowed down. And it's been 18 months since I looked down at that tiny baby boy for the first time. It sure doesn't feel like it's been that long. I don't know how he's gotten so big already.



Our sweet boy is walking! He is walking so much lately. He still falls frequently so we don't really let him walk on his own in public, but when we are at home, he's mostly on foot and can make his way across the entire house without stumbling. I am very proud of my little boy. I worry too much about his milestones as a preemie, so this accomplishment is monumental. But, with the way I love him, everything is monumental. I love his toddle. The way he waddles with those little legs and feet, with his arms up to keep his balance. I love how he gets excited and knows he's doing something new and great.




Another of Jude's latest developments is his obsession with blowing kisses. He does it so often. Sometimes I catch him kissing his toys, complete with exaggerated "mwah!" (His sounds more like "mah!") Sometimes he goes over to the door and starts blowing kisses because he knows that's what he does when he leaves somewhere. Maybe that's his way of saying he wants to go outside, which is another thing he absolutely loves to do.




This boy is so incredible. I'm watching his sense of humor and his personality bloom more and more each day. His silly scrunched up faces never fail to make me laugh. He doesn't really talk yet (aside from "mama" and "dada"), but he makes a lot of sounds and I know he's smart. He's healthy and his home is filled with so much love. That's really all that matters.




Photobucket

1 comments:

Debra said...

This bottom pic of you and Jude is so perfect. Love the look on your face as you look at him. Love this little boy sooo much. He is growing so quickly. It's an honor to be part of it!