Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

High risk doctor visit

On Friday, the 25th, Daniel and I went to see the University of South Florida's high risk perinatal team. It was a very long wait; we were there for four hours. But it was worth the time because so many of my fears were laid to rest. Plus... we got to see and hear our sweet baby.


The baby isn't big enough for a good picture yet, mostly just a bean-like blob on the screen. But we could see that precious little heart beating as we heard it. That was priceless. I laid there crying. It was somewhat bittersweet. The last time I had an ultrasound on my baby, she was dead... and there was a flatline across the bottom of the screen. I will never forget how that felt. Being on that table let those memories flood back in and I could not help being emotional... especially after hearing the most beautiful sound ever... the sound of my baby's beating heart. 178 beats per minute. Only measuring one day off in size. So perfect. We've already fallen in love.

After more waiting, Daniel and I got to sit down with the doctor. He was very kind and caring. I really liked that about him. He asked what Avery's name was and how we were doing emotionally. I appreciated that so much. He said I'd be having ultrasounds every four weeks and he's going to order extra tests to make sure it's only the two clotting mutations that I have and nothing else that could put this little one in danger. My favorite part was when he said that pregnancies on Lovenox injections are largely successful. That was a beautiful thing to hear. It made me feel so at ease.

When I first found out I was pregnant again, it was easy to feel like we could lose this one just like we did Avery. But now, I see a future for this baby and I feel a confidence that can only be attributed to my faith in God.

2 comments:

Lilly's Mom (Desiree) said...

SO happy for you :)

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Seeing and hearing Evan for the first time were like huge warm security blankets being wrapped around me. Felt so wonderful!