Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

10 week ultrasound

We got to see our sweet little love once again yesterday. It had only been two weeks since the last ultrasound, but it's never soon enough to see that tiny miracle.

We have chosen a different imaging place this time because we feel that the one we went to for Avery's ultrasounds was lacking in knowledge. I feel like they should have noticed that something wasn't right with her. Between her lack of proper growth and the way her umbilical cord looked, they should have noticed something. Anything.

Already, I love this new facility. The staff was very warm and welcoming. And my favorite part? There was a screen hanging in front of me so I could actually see my baby. Other places, I've had to crane my neck from the table to see a screen facing sideways. I always hated that.

I couldn't believe how much the baby has changed in the last two weeks. At eight weeks, the baby was somewhat of a blob. Our little bean. Now, our little one looks like a small teddy bear, all parts distinguishable. I laughed when I saw our baby move, throwing those little hands and legs up in the air! Avery wasn't that active at twelve weeks when we first saw her! This baby looks so healthy, so lively. I felt so much joy watching the little dances. It's so surreal that we have made a second life to cherish. It's so beautiful to witness life dancing inside of me.


The baby's head is to the right, all limbs visible :)
The baby's heartbeat was 176, just two beats less than two weeks ago. The technician was even able to see the umbilical cord, which isn't always visible this early. She really seemed to think that our baby is doing extremely well. I was thrilled when she did the measurements on the baby and he/she is measuring exactly right, to the day. Perfect! That is so beautiful to hear.


This one shows the measurements and the due date... right on!

I absolutely love seeing our little bear. It eases my heart to know he/she is doing so well. I think as I get into the 20th week and start heading to the 25th week when we lost Avery, I may get nervous. But overall I feel very peaceful and excited. It's unbelievable how much I love this baby. I can't wait to find out who I'm loving and put a name to that sweet little image!!

0 comments: