Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dreams are mean

Last night, I had such a sweet dream. It was very unrealistic, which isn't like my usual dreams. Surprisingly, I tend to have dreams that do a good job of coinciding with my normal life. Once in a while I'll get an odd surprise, but not usually. I never dream that Avery is alive. I only ever once dreamed that she came back to life after she'd been born, but that was years ago, just days after she died.

And last night came a dream that I never have because my mind knows better. It knows it's not possible. Last night, I dreamed I was pregnant with a third child. There was no fear, as if it were just a normal thing for me to get pregnant again. I'm not sure if Avery existed in this impossible universe, but I know Jude did. In the dream, we also quickly found out that this unexpected baby was a boy. There were no thoughts in my mind that he could ever die or that I was in any danger. It all just felt so calm and easy, like I assume most normal women feel when pregnant. I remember being excited to pick out a name. And just like in real life, if we were able to have another son, we chose the name Jonah.

I remember feeling so happy and so delighted over Jonah. I was excited that Jude would be getting a brother and that we would get to raise another baby. But then, inevitably, I woke up and Jonah disappeared. There won't be a Jonah.

And as I brushed my teeth and recalled the dream, I felt angry. I want to accept the fact that I can never be pregnant again, but if my mind is going to betray me (even in my sleep), then this will be so much harder than it already is. I wish so badly the dream could be real, without any possible consequences.

I just wish I could have Jonah.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Jen said...

I feel like I repeat myself a lot when I comment on your blog but I assume you don't really know who I am, lol.

I had a hysterectomy with my rainbow baby and I've had several dreams over the years (he's 3.5 years old now) that I was pregnant again. I mean how deceiving is my brain/subconsciece, does it not know that I no longer have a uterus? Hello!?! Even now, the dreams still bug me. They can even ruin my morning.

Hope you've had better dreams since this post...

Sweet Cadeaux said...

(((HUGS))) Mom. The brain is not your friend some days, it's true. hate that a happy dream can wreck your morning. :( I consistently have lousy and/or creepy dreams. those do the same job. (((MORE HUGS)))