Despite my writer's block, on October 29, 2012, I made an entry in that journal app, just typing out whatever came to mind, trying to eloquently express the way I feel. I never planned to share it, but this is what I came up with:
I miss you.
Who would you be right now? What would your voice sound like? What would you say to me? What would be your favorite things? Would you sing? Would you dance? What would you pretend as you play? Would you have curls like your brother? Would you be brave and bold or shy and reserved?
So many things I don't know and that's what makes it so hard to be without you.
A lifetime of knowing and loving and living left undone.
Goodbye without hello. Kisses you never felt. Words you never heard.
You're so gone. So missing. So absent.
Yet you're here, etched into my being, the void in my heart screams your name.
Aching to feel your weight in my hands again, dreading the day I forget the feel of your skin.
Slowly slipping away, the touch, the scent, the sight...
But the memory of silence is engraved like a scar.
The torture of the stillness, no cry, no breath from your perfect lips.








2 comments:
Wow, I love that. Your writing is always amazing! You are right, we won't know what Avery would be like here in this life but I know she is every bit as wonderful and special as her mommy!
Wow, I love that. Your writing is always amazing! You are right, we won't know what Avery would be like here in this life but I know she is every bit as wonderful and special as her mommy!
Post a Comment