Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rainbow

Rainbow baby: (n) A baby that comes after a loss; the rainbow after the storm.



Our Rainbow is finally on his or her way! Nine long cycles, hoping and waiting. Frustration and dismay. Missing the baby that is supposed to be here. It definitely has been a storm this past year. But God has painted a rainbow in our sky. There is still thunder grumbling in the distance, and a steady drizzle that won't subside. But ever since we have found out another little one is on the way, my heart has felt much lighter.

A quick recap for readers that may not know me already, as this is a new blog. We lost our daughter, Avery Nicole at 25 weeks gestation. She was stillborn on March 13, 2010. Many blood tests later, we have found that I have MTHFR and Factor II blood clotting disorders. These are what took her life. Because Avery died, our Rainbow has a chance at life. We know what precautions have to be made. Avery is a little hero. Unfortunately, nothing is ever certain, but we have our hope and our trust in God.

I am choosing to feel excited and happy about our new baby. I know I will have times of weakness and fear. Loss is all I know. But worrying and entertaining problems will not help my baby. I am aware of the chance but I have to believe the best. I have to believe that we will hold this baby in our arms in October and he or she will look back up at us. We will hear this baby cry. We will take this baby home. I have to believe that.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats!! Praying for you guys and that God will protect your rainbow. My husband and I have been praying together, especially whenever I have those times when I feel overwhelmed with worry and fear, and God gives me peace. He can give you peace as well.

Amy said...

I believe it, too!! We are praying for peace and a boring next 8 months! Love you so much! <3<3<3

Melissa said...

Congrats Nicole, I'd been wondering about you and I'm so glad God answered your prayers and that He continues to.